The primary purpose of the Jewish Historical Society of Fairfield County (JHSFC) is to be a resource for the Jewish communities in Fairfield County, Connecticut for:
To achieve these goals, the JHSFC facilitates the preservation of individual and family histories of our Jewish community. We also promote and support research, publication, distribution, and usage of important matters of Jewish history and Judaica in general, with specific emphasis on such matters and items in Fairfield County. In addition, JHSFC brings historical information as well as educational activities to the community from outside sources.
The JHSFC's 20/20 Task Force Vision:
(1) The Society’s overarching responsibility is to find, learn and perpetuate our local Jewish history and heritage, dedicated especially to ensuring that our records and stories exist for future generations.
(2) The Society's purpose is to provide expertise and educate, so that Jewish heritage and history are important and a source of pride to people, institutions and communities.
(3) The Society’s target audience is multi-generational ... from youth through families to seniors, providing learning and participation opportunities.
(4) The Society uses the most modern methods and tools, making it easy for the broadest audience to access and use our collections, which are universally accessible 24/7 using technology.
(5) The Society continues to be a largely volunteer organization. It has dedicated paid staff to involve, lead, train and support volunteers and has the necessary supportive organization and resources.
(6) The Society has a strong presence in the region and shares its knowledge and help where it is needed, including facilitating other organizations’ Jewish heritage work. It enjoys strong affiliations, collaborations and partnerships with other community organizations which gives the Society even greater visibility as an important resource for the entire community.
The Jewish Historical Society of Fairfield County is a recipient agency of
United Jewish Federation of Greater Stamford, New Canaan and Darien.
©2014 Jewish Historical Society of Fairfield County